Let’s say your company just merged with or acquired its largest competitor. Or let’s say your IT organization needs to implement a new ERP or CRM application or consolidate multiple application instances to improve efficiency.
Such activities require significant investment. And the sooner your business starts reaping the advantages of this investment, the better.
To capitalize on your strategic business investments quickly, you need to integrate your data into the application and ensure its quality so that it meets business demands. That’s the purpose of data migration.
Common Data Migration Scenarios
Many business scenarios call for data to be migrated from one system to another.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Legacy system modernization
- Enterprise application consolidation, implementation, or upgrade, such as an SAP ERP or CRM implementation
- Master data management implementation
- Business process outsourcing
Data Migration Projects Are Risky
While data migration projects are common, they’re also risky:
- 84 percent of data migration projects fail to meet expectations
- 37 percent experience budget overruns
- 67 percent are not delivered on time1
Why Data Migration Projects Fail
- So why do many data migration projects fail?
- Lack of methodology
- Unrealistic scope
- Improper understanding and use of tools
- Inattention to data quality
- Lack of experience2
The ProZone Solution
ProZone's data migration solution decreases the risk and minimizes the errors inherent in data migration projects. At the same time, our solution reduces the costs of data migration projects by automating processes, improving business-IT collaboration, and incorporating proven best practices. ProZone’s three-part data migration solution includes:
- Technology. ProZone offers software and tools to speed data migration and minimize errors.
- Methodology. Honed from practical experience, we provide a combination of best practices and techniques to make your data migration project successful.
End-to-End Migration Services. Take advantage of veteran ProZone consultants and a rich ecosystem of partners who offer data migration expertise.